- If you live in Birmingham, AL or the surrounding towns (Trussville, Homewood, Vestavia, Mountain Brook, Inverness, Hoover, Liberty Park, etc.) you will order off our original website and receive courier delivery same day (Monday through Thursday). Please go to www.katiesplates.com to place your order.
- All other states and cities, you are in the right place!
- We have a $60 order minimum to receive a package in the mail.
- Shipping is $15 per package. If you are west of Texas, the shipping is $65 because we have to send it through air.
- Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, western half of Kentucky, and western half of South Carolina will get 1-day shipping. All other states will receive their package in 2 days.
- When you order, you will receive 1 package for all of your meals. For example, if you order a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday meal, you will receive your package on Friday or Saturday, as we would ship your box on Thursday. If you ordered Monday & Tuesday meals, you will receive your package on Wednesday or Thursday, as we would ship out on Tuesday NOTE*** - If you would like to receive multiple packages throughout your week so that you don't have to wait to receive your meals, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will invoice you for the extra shipping boxes ($15 each). (Keep in mind that the $60 minimum applies to all packages).
- All of the packages will come insulated with multiple large ice packs to keep the meals in safe temperatures. The meals are made and packed by Chef Katie and her team, and then they take the meals on site to their FDA/USDA regulated neighbor (we share a space!) They have over 10 years of shipping experience for meals - they will seal the meals and pack them into your boxes to ship them out each day!
- Cancellation Deadline: Sunday @ 4:30 PM *at the start of the week* - If you have an emergency, you are welcome to cancel for a credit (not refund) past the deadline. Once orders are shipped, we cannot cancel for credits.
- Return Policy: We do not accept returns.
- Damage Policy: With shipping, there can be damage out of our control, although we will do our best to make sure your box is packed very carefully. If your box or meals are damaged, please take a picture and send it to email@example.com. Depending on the damage and depending on the circumstances, we may offer a credit and refund. The box may not be damaged, but the seals on the corners of the meal could possibly come open. We wrap the meals in another seal so that if there is a seal issue on the original container, the meal is still safe and will not affect other meals. Please keep us updated on any issues with your packaging.
- When is the menu open for orders?
- The full menu will be open from Sunday night or Monday morning until the next Sunday at 4:30 PM. At 4:30 PM on Sunday, ordering for the week closes.
- The new menu for the following week will be posted on Sunday night!
- What is the deadline for orders?
- Sunday @ 4:30 PM
- Can I place a late order?
- If the menu is still online a little bit past 4:30 PM on Sunday, you are welcome to place a late order, however, we cannot guarantee that the menu will be open past that time. If the menu is not open, we are sorry, but the deadline has passed, and we are not able to add any orders.
- How do I order for another family?
- When you put in the shipping address, put the family’s address that the meal is going to. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are ordering for another family, PLEASE let them know that they have meals coming, and let them know what day.
- How do I get updated about the menu each week? Do you have a “reminder service”?
- At the bottom of the “Home” page, there is a place to sign up to our mailing list. You will receive 3 emails per week. The 1st email will update you on the new menu on Monday around lunch; the 2nd email will remind you on Sunday morning to place your order; the 3rd email will remind you on Sunday afternoon with a 2 hour countdown to the deadline.
- Are there any discount codes that I can use?
- We have a 1st order discount code of 15% your entire order. That code is “kpwelcome”.
- How do I enter my discount code?
- There is a place to enter “coupon code” when you are checking out.
- How do I refer a friend to Katie’s Plates?
- When you place your first order, you will receive an email that contains a personalized referral code. Please send that referral code to your friend, so that they can get a discount on their first order. Once they order, the system tracks it, and will send you a 15% off code for your next order. If you have not received your personalized referral code, please email Katie to ask for one.
- What is your refund policy, and what if I miss the deadline for a refund?
- The refund deadline is Sunday at 4:30 PM. If you have not asked for a refund, or asked to cancel an order before Sunday at 4:30 PM, we cannot process your refund. We recommend letting your friends and family enjoy those meals if you miss the deadline!
- How do I work the website to see the options?
- Click on the “Meals” page, and then you can see the meals offered for each week. Click on the picture of each meal, and it will take you to a more detailed page with prices and serving sizes.
- When is each meal made?
- The meals are made fresh on the day that is listed in the title. The breakfasts, desserts, sausage balls, and add-ons will list the day they are made that week.
- What if my kids don’t like the options for the night?
- You can create your own meals using the "Add-Ons"!
- How do I view the ingredients of the meal?
- Click on the picture of the meal, and it will take you to a detailed page with the ingredients listed.
- What if we have an allergy in our family? Can you accommodate?
- We do our best to accommodate all allergies! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we are able to accommodate that certain ingredient that you are allergic to. It all depends on the meal.
- How do I heat up my meals?
- You can plate it and heat in the microwave for 2 minutes. You can also put it in an oven-safe container and heat at 350 for 15 minutes. Our black containers are microwave safe. Be sure to remove the plastic sauce cups before heating anything.
Contacts & How to Reach Us
- What is the best way to reach Katie?
- Please reach out to email@example.com or Misty's cell - 205-578-8095 - those are the best ways to get your issue handled. Katie's phone gets lots of corporate calls and emails, so she is not as quick to answer as the listed ways above. Here is Katie's email: firstname.lastname@example.org - here is her number: 205-706-4465
- Who can I contact if I can’t figure out how to order online, need to cancel/change an order, or have questions about an order?
- email@example.com is the best way to do that, and you can also text Misty at (205) 578-8095
- Who can I contact if I have questions about nutrition or ingredients?